Monday, November 17, 2008

Surviving Corps Program - Help!

Hello:

I just received this message - on veterans day (which day is it? - remember that I am not from US..) - and let it pass in blank.

I am not having enough time to elaborate it properly, so I post the message I've received.

Here's the message. Enjoy and - as all you Americans use to say - "Support our troops"

Thanks Dani for the message.

-----


Hi  Luis

I sent you an email on Veteran's Day asking if you would blog about Survivor Corps' program for U.S. veterans and service members, Operation Survivor. I never heard back and wasn't sure you had actually received it. Our troops still need our help. I put together this e-news release which explains everything. Please feel free to repost any or all of it:

http://survivorcorps.org/returningtroops

If you could share this with your readers on Swimming against the red tide, or even post one of our donation banners, it would greatly help our American soldiers and returning troops. Please let me know if you are able to help and send me the link to your post. Let me know either way. Thanks so much.

All my best,

Dani

--
Dani Sevilla, Survivor Corps
http://survivorcorps.org

News Facts

Within the United States there are over one and a half million service members that have served in military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Over thirty thousand have been physically wounded, but many more have experienced less visible, psychological wounds. Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder have emerged as signature injuries of these conflicts, with recent reports suggesting an increase in rates of suicide, alcohol and drug abuse, homelessness, and domestic violence among returning service members and veterans.

Returning soldier with his family

These traumatic affects of conflict, left unaddressed, could have far-reaching negative consequences for the individuals affected, their families, and our country. Survivor Corps' work in some of the most conflict affected countries in the world has shown community reintegration to be the key factor in those that overcome their traumatic experiences, and those that are consumed by them.

YOU CAN HELP!

No comments: