This article from William F. Jasper shows exactly what we try to show to the world.
"For the past six years, President Hugo Chavez — a self-proclaimed Communist and boon companion of Fidel — has been tightening the vise of dictatorship on Venezuela, the region’s key oil-producing country (and the source of much of our imported fuel).
• Next door in Brazil, Latin America’s largest, most populous nation, President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva is also consolidating a Marxist regime.
• In Argentina, President Nestor Kirchner reversed 15 years of Argentine policy by re-establishing ties with Cuba and cozying up to Castro and Hugo Chavez.
• In Ecuador, radical Castro-Chavez protégé Lucio Gutierrez is now in control.
• Much of Colombia is controlled by FARC, the Communist narco-terrorists who have been waging a murderous terrorist war for 40 years.
• United Nations “peacekeepers” occupy Haiti, and that disaster-ridden island may soon see the return of ousted Marxist madman Jean-Bertrand Aristide.
• Riots in Bolivia caused President Lozada to resign in 2003, and the current president, Carlos Mesa, may soon be replaced by Evo Morales, “indigenous” activist and leader of the Movement Toward Socialism (MAS) party. In the December 2004 local elections, Morales’ MAS candidates won many of the city and provincial races.
• The Communist Sandinistas have swept back into power in Nicaragua, taking many of the local offices in the November 2004 elections."
They are examples of what´s goin on right here.
It´s a domino effect and it´s not casual. There are a systematic enpowerment of all left movement in the hemisphere. The central core is the "Foro of São Paulo", an organization made to synchronize left´s steps in LA, primarily focused on debunking new-liberalism (during the 90´s) but now with a clear totalitarian bias.
But do not think that the new revolution has something to do with the older ones... No, it´s a velvet revolution - in the gramsci´s therms of revolution...
God Bless America, South America too!