Thursday, June 23, 2005

Other Thoughts on "Will"

After my translated article on the film "The Downfall" ("Der Untergang") was published on Majority Rights website , I had a series of readers comments on the origins of nazism. Part of it explained the Nazi roots in terms of "racial consciousness" and "will".

Studying Olavo de Carvalho workshop material on the Lavelle's "Dialetic Manual" I came across some definitions or perceptions on the matter "will" or "feeling" versus "intelligence" that fit very well on the present debate.

Excerpts from Olavo's workshop (these are not the exact terms) :
"The bad philosopher does not apprehend the limitations of the reality and the limitations of his will. He imagine the infinite as a likely possibitly again, Over and over "... "The task of the philosopher is to perceive the structure of the reality and what it is possible or not. This will make him educate his feelings and will to adjust them into of what is real and feasible."

All concepts on "will" fail to apprehend these premises.Therefore "will" is not just a matter , a subject whose studies are completely out of sight from our time's perspective (it was subject of study in the thirties) but also this is an intellectual fallacy.

The ultimate conclusion is that to leave the "will" to perform a role that belongs to the intelligence in controlling the actions of the human being, makes it to lose the correct perception of the reality.
It makes us to act in way completely dettached from the reality, as someone that thinks is possible to fly away as a bird or to have superpowers as a "superman". That is what happened in Germany during nazism: a celebration of the Triumph of the Will over Intelligence on a nation-wide scale.

Intelligence, meaning "wisdom" or the apprehension of the truth is the ultimate search of man, that begun with Plato/Socrates and Aristotle, continued with Judeo-Cristian tradition . And waht is "will" without the superior control of intelligence? Nothing but "irrationality".
Thus "will" and "racial consciousness" concepts in nazism were a kind of mythical-poetical universe structure revival. A structure that was knocked down since the emergence of Socrates in old Greece. Free of thought and free will does not have nothing to do with such "racial consciousness" or "will" concepts. They are fruits of the correct apprehension of the reality. And this search for the truth is core of what we call "conservative thought", as expressed by either Erich Voegelin, either Olavo de Carvalho. They all try to bring for the world of today the maening of the free will and its responsibilities an consequences.
"Will" is just another name for "destination", that it is the opposite to the free will.
So, concepts as "Race", "will" or "racial consciousness" are not only subjects of debate from the "Thirties". If we analyze them well, they belong to a pre-socratic universe.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on 3d photography, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about 3d photography.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on 3d photography, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about 3d photography.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on photography technology when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for photography technology. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about photography technology at the site above.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on course photography, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about course photography.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Luís Afonso, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on bh photography I ended up on your page. Obviously your site is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for bh photography. Should the need ever arise where you need information on bh photography then drop by for a look.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on bh photography, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about bh photography.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on photography workshop I somehow ended up on your page. As your Other Thoughts on is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about photography workshop, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso, I was out blog surfing looking for some info on photography satellite when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but your topic caught my eye. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for photography satellite. I am going to
bookmark your site for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about photography satellite at the site above.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso...Wow! While I was searching for info on photography products I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for photography products. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about photography products.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso...Wow! While I was searching for info on figured full photography woman I somehow found your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by for a read. While I am here, I just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for figured full photography woman. Should you ever need it, there's lots of information on this site about figured full photography woman.

Anonymous said...

Hi Luís Afonso, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on art nude photography, I ended up on your page. Your site shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about art nude photography.