Thursday, December 14, 2006

Remembering Allende and Pinochet

A year ago I decided to create a second english blog called "Simply the Truth" with excerpt of new evidence brought by books (through Google print and others) or websites that were in the archive of the internet.
Just to document it.
I am linking some documents I put there, due to the Pinochet's death.
I am pro life and condemn violence of any kind but I've read some opinions that makes me republished it again.
Pinochet was a dictator? Yes, just like Fidel, Mao and other leftist beloved myths.
The truth is that Pinochet was not a "dictator that destroyed democracy in Chile", he was the opposite!
According to historic sources, Allende who was destroying the Chilean Democracy! And the chambers of deputies in Chile asked the Army to throw Allende off.
It was, in reality, a dictactorship created by the democracy!

All leftist revolutions - since French revolution - decay in mass murder, terrorism and no democracy. If one tries to stop this, it will not be a "peaceful" task, cause the other side always pursued their goals through death and terror.
Revolution is a Pandora's Box. But don't blame it all to Pinochet.
Read this excerpts from Simply the Truth - by José Piñera
It is true that Salvador Allende was elected President of Chile in 1970 by means of a democratic election (although with only 36.6% of the vote). Nevertheless, it is equally true that his government lost its democratic character by repeatedly violating the Constitution. The Economist said it clearly at the time: " The temporary death of democracy in Chile will be regrettable, but the blame lies clearly with Dr. Allende and those of his followers who persistently overrode the Constitution" (September 15, 1973). In effect, President Allende became a tyrant when he broke his solemn oath to respect the Constitution and the Chilean laws. There are numerous evidences to that effect (including a clear statement of the Supreme Court), but the most important one--and widely unknown outside of Chile--is the momentous Agreement of 23 August 1973 of the Chamber of Deputies (the Lower House of the Chilean Congress), which I have translated and posted as "The Declaration of Breakdown of Chilean Democracy".


Here, the full transcript of the "The Declaration of Breakdown of Chilean Democracy"

powered by performancing firefox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't alive during the takeover so all I know is what I read. I talked to a Chilean (who shall remain nameless because said Chilean never gave me the go ahead to use their answers to questions I gave them) who said that their parents couldn't go to study at their university for a few months due to leftist death squads roaming the streets.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't alive during the takeover so all I know is what I read. I talked to a Chilean (who shall remain nameless because said Chilean never gave me the go ahead to use their answers to questions I gave them) who said that their parents couldn't go to study at their university for a few months due to leftist death squads roaming the streets.