Thursday, November 30, 2006

My English Accent: I am a "Chicago Boy"!?

Thanks to "No Pasarán", I came across this quiz that discovers from where your english accent comes from.
In my case it seems that I am closer to Chicago than I ever dreamed of - for a Brazilian.
I got it! I was raised in a city named "Passo Fundo" - Brazil (where ET got caught on video on the film "Signs"). Passo Fundo was so crowded of violent criminals that in the seventies it was called "Chicago from the Pampa" (Pampa = steppe like terrain in south of Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina).
The other coincidence is that the pupils of Milton Friedman were called "Chicago Boys"...

See the results!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland

The South

The Northeast

Philadelphia

North Central

The West

Boston

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

No comments: